Thursday 1 May 2008

Local Elections Live: Part 1/2

11.30 – 12.30

Hello and welcome to the NORLJ coverage of the local elections. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t particularly up for this half an hour ago but I just heard Richard Littlejohn Refer to ‘So called climate change’ on Newsnight and it worked like Popeye with Spinach! I’m angry enough to write now.

I've got one bottle of alright wine and one bottle of awful wine and I'm powered by righteous indignation.

Suffice to say... It’s on!

11.45: Tessa Jowell (tonight looking like Skeletor's Mum) is trying not to sound worried and getting beaten up by David Dimbleby.

Charles Kennedy tonight is played tonight by Bert from Sesame street.

This is the segment of the evening where nobody knows anything and nothing's happened so everything anyone's saying is essentially meaningless. They might as well talk about The Apprentice.

11.50: Off to Bury to talk about Black Puddings and how nobody gives a shit about the war anymore. Which war? Then to Wales, where things are progressing slowly... Big fucking surprise!

Emily Maitliss in City Hall in London (where is that?) is talking to some bloggers in the same way you might talk to an eight year old before a nativity play. They've got a great big shiny set with a bar in it!

12.00: Lab -1 LD -3 Con +4 Oth 0

12.00 - 12.15: Massive technical failure with my fucking Dell! (always save, kids).

The Lib Dems have taken control of Hull City Council, Labour retain Knowlesley (wherever that is). Bunch of other results that I can't be arsed to type.

12.25: 52% of people think Gordon Brown is a liability.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your gonna do a live election blog then get your facts right... The Liberal took Kingston upon Hull! (you refer to it as 'Hull')
City Hall is opposite the Tower of London on the River Thames.

With regard to Richard 'voice of the people' Littlejohn's comments on climate change I say this: Hes spot on - its a load of nonsense made up to squeeze more money out of hard working middle class families!

Good Luck tho...

Matthew Thomas said...

Did I mention that I'm doing this drunk and playing online chess.

For hard facts, might I suggest a proper blog.

Either way, thanks for putting me straight - duly ammended.

Anonymous said...

No problem guv - just didnt want your half a dozen readers to get the wrong facts!
Love Rich x